Chicken Up - Jurong East Outlet

I LOVE fried chicken!
Which reminds me:

Chicken Up claims to be the #1 Korean Fried Chicken. So, I've decided to give it a go and see if it actually lives up to it's claim. I went to the Jurong East branch for dinner. When I got there, there wasn't much crowd as it was about 9pm. The manager there was really friendly and welcoming.
Below are a list of things that I have ordered.



Appetiser: 
Truffle Fries
The truffle fries is not too bad but would have preferred it with more truffle oil. The downside is that the portion served is too small for the price paid!

Mains:
Top: Yangnum Wings (Sweet & Tangy)
Bottom: Ganjang Wings (Soya)
The chicken wings are served whole, with all 3 parts. The drumette, wingette and tip. The Ganjang Wings is a little too salty but I still prefer it as compared to the Yangnum Wings as it is crispier and I don't really like the sauce of the Yangnum. After eating the Yangnum Wings for some time, it becomes cloying.

Dessert:
Melon Bingsu

The grand finale! DESSERT! The Melon is not sweet, maybe is the ice-cream, but the big portion is big, enough for 2pax. The Melon was scooped with a melon baller and the shaved ice was placed inside the melon. It was then topped with the melon previously scooped and a scooped of ice cream.

The total price of the meal was on kinda pricey,$55.64. So, is it the #1 Korean Fried Chicken? I wouldn't say that it is the best among other Korean fried chicken I've tried. Well, to each its own. I'm not sure if I would go back again, Maybe, just maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment