Disneyland Paris

Disneyland, the happiest place on earth. How could one go to Paris and not go to Disneyland Paris? So, before I head for my holiday, I bought the tickets online as there was a special promotion where the adult tickets for 1 day /1 park were the same price as the children tickets! I planned on going to 2 different parks (Disneyland park & Walt Disney Studios Park) on 2 separate days, so 1 park per day. If do a quick calculation, getting 2x 1 day/1 park tickets would be cheaper as compared to getting the 2 day/2 parks ticket. Why pay more when you can save to spend on more food?! Anyways, I got a total of 6 tickets for 3pax (€42.00 each) and have them delivered to my address (€3.50 delivery fee) cause I want to have the physical tickets. You could opt for e-tickets if you like so as to not pay for the postage.
Look at how cute the tickets are!
2017 is Disneyland Paris's 25th Anniversary so you could see Disneyland Paris 25 on the tickets.
On the first day, I head to Disneyland Park. Before heading into the park, you would have to go through security checks.
Entrance and queue to security checks
After you've passed the checks, you can see the entrance to the two parks. Head to the park you would like to go and have a great day! I don't know if it's the placebo effect or if it's just the Disney effect but passing through the entrance lifted my spirits! Not that I was unhappy or anything before entering but it makes me so much happier when I've entered, or maybe I'm just really excited. So, I head to the Disneyland Park and saw this. It's Mickey mouse!


Once you've entered the park, it will make you feel like a kid again! Or maybe it's just me?

Sleeping Beauty Castle
If you take a brochure, you can see that there are different timings and location for Meet 'n' Greet with some Disney characters. I've managed to bump into Pluto while walking around the park.

Pluto
The Big Thunder Mountain (le train de la mine) was highly recommended by my french teacher so I'd decided to give it a go. 
Big Thunder Mountain
The queue for this ride was super long and I'd waited for more than 3 hours to get on to the ride! However, it was worth it as it was one of the best ride.
As the day was coming to an end, I noticed many people sat in front of the sleeping beauty castle and there was a countdown announcement to the start of Disney Illumination show. Not knowing was it was, I waited curiously and it was the best decision ever.
As I did not save any place, I was standing at the back of the crowd and the vertically challenged me could not get a very good view. However, the show was big enough for me to see what was happening from where I was standing. This was the view that I got from where I was standing.
Illumination Show
It started to drizzle a little at the beginning but thank God it was not very heavy and got lighter throughout the show.
I would highly recommend you to stay and watch the Illumination show as it was the highlight of the evening. It helps that you understand french thou as it is spoken in french. Nevertheless, you can enjoy the many fireworks on display and the amazing special effects.
After that spectacular show, we heading left the park and went back to our apartment.

Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary
The next day, I head to the Walt Disney Studio Park.
Walt Disney Studio entrance

Once you entered the park, guess what do you see? A status of Mickey mouse!


Walt Disney Studio Park is slightly smaller and has lesser attractions as compared to the Disneyland Park. One of my favorite attraction would be the Tower of Terror.
Tower of Terror
There are some Meet 'n' Greet available in Walt Disney Studio Park too. I wanted to catch The Incredibles but it started raining near the meeting time and it was cancelled.


However, I did manage to catch a glimpse of a stormtrooper before it started raining.

Stormtrooper
To avoid the rain, I went to hang out at the gift shop. No trip would be complete without a mandatory gift shop selfie with the gift souvenirs.

I got Simba on my head
Baymax

No comments:

Post a Comment